Friday, April 1, 2011

Between the Blogs (Poetry By Trena)

TEACH ME HOW TO LISTEN

My despondent cries spew into darkness
My frantic voice vanishes into a vast void
Silent screams echo through my aching soul
Deep doubts reverberate in my trembling heart

Are You there?
Are You listening?
Do You hear me?
A myriad of haunting questions plague my troubled mind

The world offers only empty solutions
Countless lips roar disjointed answers
Jumbled messages engulf my weary ears
You are lost in the deafening chaos

In despair I cry out a wretched prayer for guidance
I yearn for the clamor to be silenced
I strain to hear Your still, small voice
Have I forgotten how to listen?

Your unmistakable words speak clearly to others
Your truth eagerly resonates in their listening ears
Does my frenzied, hectic life silence Your voice?
Maybe, I don’t know how to listen

I cry out in anguish
My throat is raw from mournful wailings
Do the screams of my heart drown You out?
Why can’t I hear You?

Even the animals hear and obey You
Yet I don’t recognize the sound of Your voice
You thunder in the darkness as I slumber
I rail against my sleeping ears

I long to know Your plan for my life
I call out to You in desperation
Teach me to be still and know You are God

Teach me how to listen



Copyright © 2008 Randy & Trena Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment