Monday, May 21, 2012

Trading Hearts (The Transformative Power of God)

 Along the way I’ve discovered that love truly can heal broken and bleeding relationships.

My father and I had a tumultuous relationship for many years, that is, until God changed my heart just as He promised He would in Ezekiel: “I’ll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I’ll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a h...eart that’s God-willed, not self-willed” Ezekiel 36:26 (NLT).

And that’s just what He did; and when God’s abundant love filled my heart, it spilled over, saturating my relationship with my father. And, in recent years, this constant, relentless outpouring of love has begun to soften my dad’s heart; and, slowly but surely, his view of our relationship is changing. Now, instead of seeing the hurting, angry child I once was, he is beginning to see me as a loving child of God.

This amazing transformation began when God came into my life, when His relentless, unfailing love swept away the last vestiges of the anger and frustration that was slowly creating a crust over my heart, covering it with a hard shell resistant to emotions—a barrier against love. But, as it is with God’s love, it flooded my life, sweeping away the hate, anger, and pain. Now His perfect love is a powerful river flooding my life, drowning the pain, sorrow, anger, frustration, and hate from my life. Now His love fills my heart to overflowing, permeating every aspect of my life.

So join me as I embrace the flood of God’s perfect love, allowing it to continue His life-changing work in my life. Join me as I allow God to replace my self-willed heart of stone with a God-willed heart of love.

Final Thought: The most powerful weapon in the world is the unparalleled love of God.
See More

No comments:

Post a Comment