Thursday, August 18, 2011

Semper Fi (Always Faithful)

Along the way I’ve discovered that if I follow God’s Ten Love Laws they will assist me in cultivating eternal relationships and guide me on my quest for a more joyful life.

Just over twelve years ago I embarked on the most amazing, challenging, uplifting, interesting, inspiring, exhilarating, and joyful journey of my life—I got married.


These twelve years have given me a deeper understanding of why the Bible frequently uses the marriage relationship as a metaphor for our relationship with God. God asks us to be faithful in both of these crucial relationships.

For me, faithfulness goes far beyond adultery, or idolatry; it goes beyond simply avoiding inappropriate thoughts about other men, or other gods. Faithfulness is about devotion and loyalty. In the seventh commandment, God calls me to love my husband. He calls me to take pleasure in his company, to get to know his every move, his every expression, his every desire. He calls me to give him that special place in my heart, and to reserve it for him and him alone.

When I do these things, I grow a deep, enduring relationship that enhances my life, challenging me to become a better wife and to continually express my ever-growing love in big and small ways.

When this relationship is firmly founded on a solid bed of trust it flourishes and grows. There is nothing better than having a faithful partner to share my life with. God wants me to have this same experience with Him.

So join me as I embrace faithfulness in my marriage and in my relationship with God, thus allowing both to flourish and grow.

Final Thought: Living a life of perpetual faithfulness is living a life of perpetual joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment