Sunday, July 17, 2011

Finding My Passion (Serving Selflessly)

Along the way I’ve discovered that in order to truly be successful in service I must first find a service outlet I am passionate about. I must find within me that passionate place overflowing with the creative energy of God, that creative place He carved out in my soul that effortlessly gushes out in a decadent display of selfless service.

 
When I finally discover this God-given well of unending, creative energy, when I discover that thing I was created to do, then service will be a natural outlet for this creative reservoir. When I finally discover what God created me to do, service will invigorate me instead draining my energy, it will build me up instead of sapping my waning strength.

Sadly, too many times I give in to my desperate need to belong, rushing impetuously into a ministry God never intended for me, then I wonder why I’m so tired, worn-out, and depleted. I wondered why God doesn’t just give me the strength and mental toughness to push through the muck and mire of service. I wondered why He leads me to the cliff and then doesn’t provide a parachute.

The sad truth is I often jump off the wrong cliff and as I’m fall into the endless abyss I wonder why I’m not flying on the wings promised me. In my eagerness to serve God I often leave Him out of the equation, jumping at endless opportunities only to find myself depleted and desperate, looking for an escape. But God has a place for each of us, a place for me, a place filled with creative energy, a place that allows me to jump from the cliff and soar on His powerful wings of joy.

So join me as I throw out my doubts and put my trust fully in the One Who created me, the One Who knows my heart’s longings, the One Who longs to fulfill those deep, God-planted desires of my heart. Join me as I allow God to lead me into the rich, full life of service He always planned for me. Join me as I allow God to transform my daily drudgery into a joyful journey of fulfilling service.

Naked and Vulnerable (Thoughts from the Pot): Service should be a joyful sharing of our God-given talents rather than a series of toilsome tasks we trudge through out of a misguided sense of obligation.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,yes,yes! In November 2009 God invited me to follow Him to this place. And the tree, that came from the same kind of seeds that you're sowing here, has just started to bear life-giving, creative, sweet-tasting fruit for me and others to enjoy. And it is all linked to my passions, my deepest desires and gifts. It has been an incredible, transforming journey. Can't wait to see what our amazing Father is going to unlock in your life. Antoinette

    ReplyDelete