Saturday, July 16, 2011

Between the Blogs

Personal Challenge (Update): This morning, I found a quiet spot under a tree that spread its thick arms over a weathered picnic table, holding off the piercing rays of the sun and the gentle rain that fell; a blanket of green lay like a leafy rug under the overhanging branches. Here I met with God.

At first the barking dogs, persistent ants, birds loudly chattering about my arrival, and periodically passing exercisers distracted me, but as I dove into The Word these distractions melted away and God and I began our hour-long conversation that included some reading, some quite time, much praying, some writing, and some more quite time.

As the hour wound down, I felt the whispers of the Holy Spirit in my soul saying, “I have a message for you this morning and now you are ready to hear it.”

I picked up my pen and this is the simple message God whispered to me this morning: I am enough.

I’m not sure if I can wait a whole week for our next appointment, perhaps only an hour a week is not enough. I’ll figure it all out, but my first intentional encounter was truly amazing—just like my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment