Sunday, May 29, 2011

His Mysterious Ways (Letting God be God)

Along the way I’ve noticed God’s footprints everywhere; clearly He’s working in every corner of the globe, repeatedly reaching down to rescue us from the darkness we’ve embraced.

I am constantly amazed by the methods God uses to touch my life, and I have ceased trying to decipher His plans for me (or for others).

Recently I’ve been deeply moved by this biblical passage: “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts” Isaiah 55:8-9 (NLT).

The beautiful truth is that God will use any avenue necessary to save me. And I find comfort in the fact that He has an infinite number of rescue methods that He individually customizes to insure the best possible chance of a successful rescue.

God comes down to connect with us where we are and He will, if we allow it, cultivate a deep, singularly unique relationship with us. We are all on a spiritual journey and God is in the middle of the fray fighting fiercely for our souls, continually drawing us to Himself, using every ounce of His power to reach out and save us.

So join me as I stop trying to dictate to God how He should work (both in my life or in the lives of others), and instead allow Him to transform my thoughts, constantly refining me so that one day when He looks at me He will see a reflection of Himself.


Naked and Vulnerable (Thoughts from the Pot): God’s ways truly are mysterious, wonderful, and abundantly diverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment