Sunday, May 15, 2011

An Everlasting Hope (Embracing God’s Promises)

Along the way I’ve discovered the Christian life is a life lived in hope. Hope for restoration and rebirth. Hope that a broken past filled with pain can be a stepping stone instead of a roadblock. Hope for a present overflowing with unlimited forgiveness, unconditional love, and unbridled joy. Hope for a future abundant with blessings of wisdom, peace, joy, happiness, and truth. Hope for a future not filled with worldly wealth, but with a wealth of the Spirit. Hope for an eternity where sorrow and pain is a thing of the past and the God of the universe eagerly waits to embrace us.

After experiencing this living hope I cannot imagine a life devoid of it. Without hope, life would stretch out endlessly—a dusty road leading to nowhere. Instead I choose to dwell in the abundant hope of a living, engaging God who is eager to renew and restore me.

And the best news of all is that this is not a flimsy hope or an unreachable dream, this is an everlasting promise from the living God!

So join me on my joyful journey as I embrace God’s promises of restoration and rebirth; unlimited forgiveness, unconditional love, and unbridled joy; wisdom, peace, happiness, truth, and abundant wealth of the Spirit. Join me in the eternal embrace of our ever-loving God.

Naked and Vulnerable (Thoughts from the Pot): I have an everlasting hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment