Saturday, December 8, 2012

Slow Moving is Still Moving (God’s Time is Not My Time)

Along the way I’ve discovered that slow moving is still moving.

Sometimes, surrounded by a world continually promising instant gratification, I forget the simple fact that slow moving is still moving. In this instantaneous world I overlook the fact that even though things are creeping along they are still moving.

Often, the things that take the longest times to learn or to come to completion are the very things that bring the most satisfaction and completely transform my thoughts and ideas. Like a long-term love affair, these truths become a part of who I am.

But, all too often, I shrug off the slow moving progress, deeming it useless and ineffective, forgetting that God works in the long-term—the eternal. Instead of seeing the world (and myself) as a moment-by-moment project to be discarded if it takes too long, God sees me as a project worthy of eternity.

The beautiful truth is this: God is willing to take as much time as necessary to fulfill His purpose. The challenge for me is to recognize that every single minute of every single day God is working on my behalf and on the behalf of our fallen world.

Too often, all I can see (because it’s what I focus on) is the interminable wait when I should instead be viewing the world (and my own daily life) in an eternal, God-view way. This shift in focus has the power to transform my thinking and my life.

So join me as I stop fretting over the waiting and begin trusting God Who continually proves Himself faithful in my life in big and small ways.

Final Thought: It is often the small, everyday acts that transform the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment