Monday, March 5, 2012

Glimpses of God (Embracing Variety)

Along the way I’ve discovered there are a lot of unique personalities in this world and their uniqueness creates a beautiful kaleidoscope of temperaments—a rainbow of personalities.

I’m ashamed to admit it, but sometimes, instead of celebrating these unique qualities in others, I find them to be an annoyance, an inconvenience. I’ve mistakenly believed that if ...people’s interests are different than mine, they are boring, shallow, or tedious.

Recently, God has been working with me on this subject, opening my eyes, showing me a new way to view others. God is in the process of revealing the splendor of His creative prowess that He uses to create a stunning array of personalities. He continues to encourage me to step outside my tiny circle and experience the beauty of people’s diversity.

Yesterday, a lovely friend shared this amazing truth to me: The personality differences in others give us new glimpses of God and His perfect character. You see, God is extremely creative (just look at the world around us); but He’s also a mathematician, a biologist, a chemist, a poet, and so much more.

So join me as I embrace the amazing variety of personalities that God has graced the earth with. Join me as I look for glimpses of God in the people around me.

Final thought: God is the architect of diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment