Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fostering Faith (Replacing Fear with Trust)

Along the way I’ve discovered that when trust in God replaces fear in my life, my days become sweet and filled with peace. Fear has often been a factor in my life. Usually it’s subtle and behind the scenes, whispering in the darkness, conjuring up the unknown, insisting that I rely on its eerie presence instead of putting my trust fully in God—the God W...ho has promised good to me.

I haven’t always viewed myself as a fearful person, but recently, upon closer examination, I’ve begun to realize that fear is often a major catalyst in the decisions I make; but, thankfully, God is steadily pulling me away from this dangerous mindset; He’s faithfully returning my feet to His firm foundation and lovingly planting them on the solid rock of faith and trust in Him.

This past week, God has been whispering comfort to my soul, saying, “I am enough.” “There is nothing I cannot satisfy.” “There is nothing I cannot do.” “I am cradling you in My arms, Trena.” “My love is sufficient.” “I am enough.”

Daily, I am still learning these beautiful truths, and I’m embarrassed to admit how long it has taken me to embrace these important lessons; however, when I am a willing student, God has an amazing way of teaching, guiding, and gently leading me into a deeper, fully trusting relationship with Him.

So join me as I continue to lay my troubles at the feet of my loving, compassionate God, resting assured in His ability to work all things for His good. Join me as I fully turn my life over to God, trusting in His divine plan, allowing Him to fulfill His plan in my life in His perfect timing.

Final Thought: Daily trusting in God builds and strengthens my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment