Thursday, June 30, 2011

Embracing Joy (Living Love)

Along the way I’ve found that keeping a song of praise in my heart and a kind word continually on my lips profoundly enriches my life.

Around every corner I find a multitude of reasons to praise, and in every situation I discover compelling reasons for kindness. Praise and kindness work in tandem, because while I’m praising God in my heart, it’s virtually impossible to curse from my lips; and a heart filled with the joy of God can’t help but overflows with love for others.

Recently, the truth of Nehemiah 8:10, “The joy of the Lord is my strength,” has become very real to me. When my heart is joyfully filled with God it leaves little room for the world’s ugliness to taint my thoughts, and when my thoughts are fully focused on God it is very difficult for the words of my mouths or the actions of my hands to be hurtful, hateful, or cause pain to others. The beautiful truth is this: When I have the joy of the Lord in my heart it is difficult for my mouth, hands, feet, or mind to do anything that doesn’t bring Him glory.

When I finally experience this truth full force in my life I will tap directly into God’s strength and unending love—a love that cannot be contained, a love that must be shared.

So join me as I fill my life with the joy of the Lord, allowing His strength and unending love to continually surround me, protecting me from my own evil desires.
 
Naked and Vulnerable (Thoughts from the Pot):  Just as darkness cannot exist in the presence of light, curses cannot exist in the presence of praises.


No comments:

Post a Comment