Sunday, July 28, 2013

No Fear! (Trading Satan's Lies for God's Truth)

Along the way I've struggled with life's uncertainties, allowing the fear of the future to consume my thoughts and steal my joy; but, recently, I've received a beautiful taste of God's perfect peace.

The past few weeks have been overflowing with uncertainties-exciting opportunities, unexpected challenges, and significant changes in my life and in the lives of those around me.

I like to believe that I'm an expert at dealing with change, but if I honestly assess my reactions, too often I find myself worried and concerned about the future.

But this is not how God wants us to live. The Bible is filled with encouragement and reminders that we should not be afraid (1 Timothy 1:7); it says we should let tomorrow take care of itself (Matthew 6:34); it assures us that God is in control (Proverbs 19:21); and it tells us that Jesus came to give us abundant life (John 10:10). I could go on and on and on..God makes this abundantly clear in His Word: Jesus came to give us a life of peace (John 14:27).

Clearly, God knew what kind of person I would be and He put these verses, and so many others, in the Bible to give me comfort and assurance in times of uncertainty. I'm constantly amazed at how God fulfills each and every one of His promises. I'm not amazed that he fulfills them, but at how He fulfills them in my life.

These past two weeks, I've been leaning heavily on God, asking Him to lead me beside the still waters; and the peace I've found is truly past all understanding.

So join me as I continue to walk hand in hand with God through the trials and triumphs of life, letting go of my fears and holding tightly to God.

Final Thought: Letting go is one of the most difficult tasks God asks us to perform, but the results are always spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment