Monday, June 4, 2012

Discovering My Mission (Finding Love)

Along the way I’ve discovered that when I dig deep, when I scrap away all the useless clutter in my life, when I seek those things that truly matter, those things that last, those things that I want to be remembered for, those things that make life worth living, it isn’t what I own, it isn’t my outward beauty, it isn’t my accomplishments, it isn’t how wise I am, or even how many people I lead to God—what really matters is love. The thing that truly matters when I strip away all the empty window dressings, the thing that is important in the end, is how I loved my fellow man.

This is such a simple yet profound realization, a realization that has begun to transform my thinking, bringing me closer to the truth about God, the truth about Who He is, and the truth about who He created me to be.

You see, for several years now I’ve been on a great quest to find my mission, to discover my place in this world, to be led to the one thing that God created me to do; but it’s only recently that I have discovered that thing. God created me to love, and if I can do that one thing well, everything else become superfluous.

So join me as I allow God to transform my heart, allowing His love to shine through my every action.

Final Thought: It really is all about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment